Monday, April 23, 2012

Tom Ford

Make no mistake about it.... Tom Ford is a God.  Not only does he understand how to make a woman look her most feminine with his impeccable clothing line, but he also has used his talent in creating beauty products that are hands down nothing less than amazing.  Oh and bonus - he himself is one beautiful man!  Now, his products are to say the least really really expensive so my collection is small, but I splurge as often as possible and hope to one day have a wide selection of my very own.  As for now, I own three products - 2 lipsticks and one creme eye shadow - but those products are absolutely enough to merit their very own blog post - they are THAT good.

Let's start with his lipstick.  I was given my very first Tom Ford lipstick as a gift - the shade was Black Orchid.  A deep eggplant color that looks like it would be the wrong color on most everyone. But this little treasure is perfect for all the right reasons.  First of which is pigmentation.  At $48.00 each, you would want this product to last for a very long time and being that one swipe across your lips is more than enough, rest assured it is going to last you.  Texture - like butter, literally.  So creamy smooth you will wonder if this is really a cosmetic product and not some doctor prescribed lip balm!  I'm serious!  Now, back to color... the name itself pretty much sums it up - it is almost black.  But here is a trick that I learned from makeup artist Lisa Eldrige... apply about a nickle size amount of the product on the back of your hand.  Then using your finger, pick up a bit of the color and push it into your lips for an amazing stain lip effect.  This color is gorgeous when worn in this manner - then if you want to step it up a bit at night, just apply straight from the tube - but start light and layer until you reach your desired look.  So so so pretty.
Black Orchid
As I am a redhead, it's pretty hard to find a red that looks right on my lips.  I've never let my hair color stop me from wearing any color I want, but let's be honest here..... you have to be careful with red lips - they are such a statement and you really can't afford to have much room for error.  So after many trials, I have found like orange reds work best for me.  Scarlet Rouge is the perfect red in my opinion.  Again, layer this color for your desired look and rest assured you will have the perfect red lip.  As for fading?  Not gonna happen with this lipstick so don't you worry.  I tend to touch up my lips no matter what, it's a habit.  But with Tom Ford there really is no need... it's just amazing.
Scarlet Rouge
Now for the cream eye shadow.  My grandmother used to make a whipped cream coffee frosting.  I can remember sitting at her house watching her make this recipe and just waiting for her to frost the spice cake so that I could lick the bowl.  The frosting was so smooth and airy... It glided onto the cake and looked so rich and inviting.  Well ladies, that is exactly how this product looks and feels.  It is hands down the best cream eye shadow on the market in my opinion.

Tom Ford Cream Color for eyes.... heaven.  I purchased this little number in Spice - a rich bronze gold color with a strong brown undertone.  Today I'm wearing it on the outer corner of my eye over my Mac paint pot in painterly.  To add just a bit more warmth I softly ran a little bit of Mac Texture in my socket line and a faint swipe of Cranberry underneath my eye.  The cream shadow just added the perfect amount of depth to the light warm colors and blended like a dream.  Again, the best thing about this is it's ability to build on it's color.  For the day, just a small amount is all that I needed, however it can be worn very intensely for a night on the town.

Cream Color for Eyes, Spice
We all need to spoil ourselves on occasion... so I recommend you try one of Tom Fords products next time you decide to treat yourself.  You will NOT be sorry.  Go on beautiful - you deserve it!

0 comments: