Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lovely things

For those of you out there that are like me you will understand what I mean when I say that a girl can never have enough makeup.  I mean to the average person one taupe eye shadow is the same as the next but to us makeup obsessed women, it is absolutely a completely different color and to that end, we should probably have it in our personal collection.  My makeup addiction has been around for as long as I can remember and that is a fair amount of years... however I didn't always have the means to indulge in expensive trips to the beauty counter until a short time ago.  The other day I was trying to organize my lipsticks and realized that the drawer I was keeping my makeup in was just too small and it was time to breakdown and organize. 

Now here is the deal - makeup enhances our beauty but the makeup itself is just as beautiful.  Companies spend a fortune on packaging and more often than not, the package is just as gorgeous as the product on the inside.  So I decided I would not only organize my collection, I would display it.  I didn't want to hide it in drawers or train cases - I wanted to show it off.  Now granted, it may seem like a small collection right now, but trust me it's growing daily. 

Full Display Case

My photography leavse a lot to be desired, but hey, you get the idea right?  This is a shot of the front of the case.  It has five glass shelves that are behind a glass door.  I use the bottom shelf for odds and ends of my hair products and facial cleanser stash - I always have about two or three back ups just in case. 

Two top shelves


The top shelf houses my skin care products which range from under eye creams, morning moisturizers, night moisturizers and primers. This is one important shelf.  It's the beginning and ending of each day so it absolutely deserves top shelf honors. 

Shelf two holds my foundations, concealers, powders, blushers, bronzers and gel eyeliners.  Why the eyeliners?  Simple - I have several creme shadows that are packaged just like the liners - I'm a little particular about how things are arranged - mainly for ease of access.  So I separated the two completely - just works for me.  Love this shelf - it's what makes up the canvas for all of the rest....


Bottom two shelves
 Shelf three - the most expensive shelf... All of my eye shadows, mascaras, and liners.  Here is where the look of my face steps into color and definition.  I'm pretty happy with my eyes - guess you could say I got lucky.  They are a real strong green and are round shaped.  Which means I can do a lot with them.  So I go heavy on shadow, mascara and liner purchasing.  I always go back to neutral tones, but I'm branching out into color as well.  My green eyes go best with purples and greens so I have a few in there somewhere.  I wanted to display my mascaras one by one, but I found that every time I grabbed one that was in the back, they all fell down - drove me nuts so I found these little glasses in my kitchen and put them in there - still pretty cute.  Did the same for my pencil liners as well.

Shelf four - the shelf that adds color to my bathroom.  The lip stick shelf.  You can see the color range I like to stay in - warm peaches, pinks and nudes.  I have some great reds in there too - a couple from Tom Ford and one from MAC.  But I'm mainly a gloss girl so that is what my collection pretty much consists of - again, branching out in this department as well. 

So there it is - my display case for all of my makeup.  I got something big so that I could add to it - a girls gotta plan for the future right?  I hope this gives you an idea for a different way of organizing your makeup drawer and using those great little treasures to not only enhance your beauty but to add to beautify your home decor.

Have a great day beautiful!

0 comments: