Friday, April 6, 2012

Hidden eyeshadow treasure....

Who would have thought.... I mean, I've seen several blogger's talk about it.. rave about it actually... I have to admit I was skeptical but at the same time a bit curious so what better way to find out the truth then to try it yourself.  Turns out, the product falls nothing short of amazing and it's cheap - I mean really cheap!

Wet 'n' Wild.... Now for those of you that are my age (that would be you 40+ gals) I'm sure you can probably remember the big Wet 'n' Wild stands that were all over the drugstore when you were about 16 years old.  Yes, you younger beauties - the brand IS that old.  It was all the rage way back when and the company must be doing something right because it's still going strong.  Now, I'm not going to go out and buy tons and tons of it.... I mean, from what I remember their lipsticks and mascaras were pretty awful - but their eye shadows were pretty damn good.  I recently watched a tutorial where the main product was a pallet of Wet n Wild shadows - neutral colors, right up my alley.  So, after a bit of searching, I finally located it on Amazon and placed my order.  I think it was like $4.99 for a six color palette!

Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon Shadow Palette in Vanity 249
Just look at those colors!  So rich and creamy - they truly are!  I could barely wait to tear open the package and swatch them - I was in love right from the start.  These eye shadows are extremely pigmented and feel like creamy butter when you apply them.  They blend so beautifully, creating a seamless, gradual color scheme across the eye.  Another great thing about this palette is the option for similar colors in either matte or shimmer.  Genius!  I mean, I love me some shimmer, but let's face it - it's not always perfect for every look.  Today I'm wearing all three matte colors - the lightest color across the entire lid - the medium color in my socket area and the darkest color on just the outer corner.  I also took the light color and dabbed a bit on the inside corner of my eye and yes.... it "popped".  I am going to go ahead and order myself a couple more of these palettes (yes, in this color) because I am in love with it that much.  It would be just my luck to have this palette be discontinued which would absolutely devastate me!

OK, so it's true - not all great makeup comes with a hefty price tag.  Just try it for yourself and see. 

Have a great day beautiful!

0 comments: