Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sleek Palettes

Sleek Eye Shadow Palette


I finally got my Sleek Eye Shadow palettes in the mail and yup, you guessed it... I'm one happy girl.  First let me just start off with the packaging.  These little wonders come in the sleekest (hence the name I suppose), sexy packaging I've ever seen.  Black and thin as an iPhone, and with a nice big mirror on the inside.  Just absolutely impressive - look for yourself!  Bare with me now beauties... I'm just breaking into the picture part of blogging - for now photos with my trusty iPhone will have to do until I break down and purchase a video camera so I can start with some tutorials... but even still, you can see how great the packaging is.


So... let's just dive right in.  I'll begin with the Primer Palette 600.  I am a faithful primer girl and I am loving the selection of colors in this palette.  Just look at those swatches!  Heaven!  So rich and creamy with a great pigment that allows you to use them under shadows or all by themselves.  Today, I wore the copper bronze color (bottom row, third from the right) all over my lid and then added a dark copper brown cream shadow (by the God himself, Mr. Tom Ford - but that is an entirely separate blog, of course).  My shadow has not creased or faded at all.  This primer palette is simply a miracle.  




Primer Palette 600 by Sleek Makeup


Ok, moving on... Because I had heard really good things about this brand from the fabulous Pixiwoo sisters, my first order consisted of the primer palette and two more shadow palettes - I guess I just knew I was going to be satisfied so why order small.  Now I wish I had gone ahead and ordered the other 4 or 5 palettes that were available!  Ugh!  In any case... let's get back on track.  The Original Palette 594 is an awesome sight - the top row contains 6 cool smokey dark colors in and the bottom contains 6 warm cozy colors.  I loved this palette from the start because of the versatility of it.  Perfect to take on vacations because you're not limited to one look because of space limitations - these colors are perfect - from soft and natural to ramped up a bit for a night on the town.  Love it!




The Original Palette 594 by Sleek Makeup


Now for the last palette of my little Sleek collection... The Bad Girl 596 Palette.  Just look at those colors!  I could create never ending smokey eyes with those as well as simple out on the town or professional looks!  I'm a green eyed girl and those wine/plum colors on the end are screaming my name!  So gorgeous!  




The Bad Girl 596 Palette by Sleek Makeup


There they are ladies... unbelievable, fantastic and fabulous.  So let me wrap this up with the two most important facts about these shadows.  


Pigmentation - hands down - AMAZING!  The color payoff is super fabulous.  Each swatch you see above was made with only ONE swipe across the shadow - one swipe!  You just can't understand how truly amazing these shadows are until you try them for yourself.  Which leads me to fact number two...


Value - These palettes (drum roll please) are only $10.00 each.  $10.00!!!!  For the color payoff and the selection of colors you would be insane not to buy at least one palette right?!?  Just simply fabulous.


So, have a look at www.sleekmakeup.com and roam around the site.  They kept their site simple and easy without a lot of fluff like most places tend to do - but they really don't need to catch your attention with flashing lights or music - the products speak for themselves.  


Enjoy your day or night beautiful!

0 comments: