Thursday, May 17, 2012

More fabulous finds

I've been neglecting my little blog for about three weeks or so... I feel horrible, but there is a good reason behind my disappearing act.  I went through a recent order spree of all kinds of fabulous goodies and I wanted to give them a good try before I wrote about them.  There are very few products out there than can either be raved about or slammed into the bin on the very first try.  So today I'm going to talk to you about a few products that I have tried and from this day forward will never run out of because they are amazing.  So let me get started...

I'm not a big "buy and try" girl when it comes to skin care.  I have my staples and they work for me.  The second I change, I have problems... With that being said I can't avoid aging and my skin was telling me it was time for something new.  I wasn't having break-outs or redness but rather a "dullness" (is that even a word?).  I just looked tired and well - old!  I was watching some tutorials by the wonderful Pixiwoo sisters and noticed that they kept mentioning EmbryoLisse moisturizer.  They raved about it actually.  Now those ladies have dry skin and I absolutely do not so I wondered if this company made something for oily skin and in fact they do - and it IS amazing. 


EmbryoLisse Emulsion Hydra-Mat for oily skin

Emulsion Hydra-Mat.  They describe this creme as moisturizing with a long lasting matte effect along with the ability to absorb excessive sebum and reduce shininess.  I'm here to say that it does work.  I have an oily T-zone and this creme has made improvements to my skin - I love it.  I highly recommend it - in fact based on my use and the words of the Pixiwoo sisters, I think that you should have a look around the site and find a creme that is geared to your particular skin type and give it a go.  This company truly produces great products. 

MAC Face and Body Foundation
Another great foundation find is MAC Face and Body Foundation.  If you are looking for a foundation that can offer you a full range of coverage - this is for you.  It has the consistency of water so give it a good shake and then apply - start by massaging it in lightly with your fingers and then blend with a sponge, or my current favorite, a beauty blender.  You can build this foundation to a full coverage if you want or just one layer for a light coverage.  Key word to this foundation is "body".  Yes ladies, take it right the way down your neck.  Please, please, please don't ever stop your foundation at your jaw line.  Tip of the day - match your foundation to your upper chest - that is the color you should use. 

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Now this one is probably not for you ladies with dry skin, however for those with oily skin this is great!  Apply a light dusting of MAC Studio Fix Foundation for a light coverage or again build for a heavier matte finish.  I love, love, love this foundation.  It's also a great one to use if you are going to be headed out after a long day of work and you don't have time to go home and re-apply your makeup - this baby is great for touch up work.  I do not use the applicator that comes with it - I prefer applying this with a buffing brush and really work it into my skin.  If I want to shimmer up a bit, I apply an illuminator to my upper cheek bones and voila!  Perfection.

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
Concealers can be tricky.... If you don't need them - please don't use them!  We get pulled into products by marketing and feel like we must have them if we want to be beautiful.  Concealers are for just that - concealing.  If you don't have areas that need to be concealed (acne - hyper-pigmentation, dark circles) pass this product up.  However, if you need a little extra help I highly recommend this one.  I have found that almost every concealer settles right into those fine lines around my eyes (which is where I need to conceal) and really extenuates them.  This is an extremely rich product that gives a matte finish.  I only use it if I need it ladies - if I'm a little dark under the eyes or have a blemish - otherwise no go on the concealer.  I'm pretty sure my jar of MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer is going to last me a lifetime.

OK, enough for today.  Here's a taste of what's coming up.... I received my Nars Illuminator in Orgasm yesterday along with a Makeup Forever waterproof creme eyeshadow and a Laura Mercier Tinted Oil Free Moisturizer- Oh how sweet it is... Can't wait to give these a go and tell you all about them.

Have a great day and stay beautiful ladies!

2 comments:

Todd Oliver said...

I just want to state for the record that I'm not gay and/or a cross dresser. It's just that Shay is 'OMG TEH COOLEST EVAH' which I think is 'leet speak' for Shay Morris is awesome and I wish to support this blog with my 'following' ... okay she's hot too but that totally DID NOT FIGURE INTO MY REASONING FOR FOLLOWING THIS BLOG ... Also the fact that Shay is hot is about 75% of the reason I followed this blog.

Didn't know you had a blog Shaw ... way to rock chickster.

Maggie said...

Shay is the coolest "evah." I want to be her.