Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gnarly Head - a MUST have

I had to do it guys and gals.... I just absolutely had to write about a wine that has pretty much taken over my wine collection entirely.  I literally crave this wine - the bold flavor, the amazing color and above all ... the catchy name!  You heard it - Gnarly Head, Old Vine Zinfandel!  Want to know the real kicker to this sweet nectar of life?  It's got a 14.5% alcohol content AND its from the great state of CALIFORNIA!!!  That's right people - California makes damn fine wine and this one is proof of that. 

Gnarly Head - Old Vine Zin
My future plans definitely include a trip to the Gnarly Head winery - I plan on trying to get my hands on each and every wine this company makes.  So far I've only had the pleasure of trying the Zinfandel and believe me it's addicting.  The flavor is strong and smooth and hits your palate with a burst of individuality that each amazing grape put into making this sublime vino. 

What is the Shay secret to really getting the most out of this wine you ask?  Well here it is.... It is best paired with a bag of pistachios, a good game of rummy and excellent company.  You really can't go wrong if you follow those few simple recommendations.

Enjoy!

0 comments: