Friday, March 16, 2012

Must have brush set

So I have watched millions of tuturiol videos, researched hundreds of websites and spent lots of money on various make-up brushes that I was told "I just had to have". Turns out, I could have bought those pair of Brian Atwood shoes that I've been eyeing with all of the money I threw away on all of those worthless brushes.  Now, don't get me wrong - brushes are a necessity for any girl that is serious about makeup, but the misconception is that you need to have about 100 of these little buggers in your collection in order to work magic with all of the makeup you own.  Here's the deal ladies - one good set, with a little variety will work.  So STOP buying onesies and twosies... and do yourself a favor, buy this little number:

Sigma Beauty Essential Kit
Amazon.com - $89.00
The Sigma Beauty Essential Kit has everything you need and probably a few that you don't!  But for $89.00 it's a deal!  These brushes are well made, durable, the absolute perfect size and will have you looking camera ready everytime you use them.  Instead of talking about each one, I'll just tell you that when you get your brushes, Sigma has done you a favor by enclosing a little cheat sheet that explains the recommended use for each different brush.  But just use that as a guideline ladies.... For instance, currently I am not using a concealer because my skin is in great shape and I really have nothing to conceal that my BB Cream isn't already concealing! So I use the concealer brush to apply my contour color in the crease of my eye and VOILA!  It works wonders!  Each brush picks up the amount of product that you tell it to - remember, you are in control here.

Yesterday I pulled out all of my brushes and got rid of every single one except for the small travel MAC brush set that I own.  Those brushes are great - but really, if I could afford one of each of the brushes MAC makes, I probably would not have time to write this blog as I would be lounging on a tropical island or shopping in France... just saying.

So, if you're going to do yourself a favor, buy these. They are worth every penny - in fact they are probably worth even more!  Enjoy!!!

0 comments: