Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Choice Foundation - BB Cream

One of the most fashionable women I have ever met, my dear friend Eunice, turned me on to the best foundation I know of and have now become addicted too.  The infamous BB Cream.  I pride myself on being "on top" of the latest trends in makeup, but somehow this one just sort of passed me by.  But being the super friend that Eunice is, she told me about it and I thank her every time I use my beloved BB Cream!

What I can gather from my cheesy internet research is that BB Creams were created in Germany to be used on patients that had undergone facial treatments such as laser surgery in an effort to protect, soothe and regenerate their sensitive skin and at the same time provide good coverage for scars and redness.  Basically it does all of the following:

a.  Covers like a foundation and concealer
b.  Most have a sunblock built in
c.  Acts as a moisturizer as well

All of these benefits wrapped up in one little bottle of perfection. 

Now, the Korean market was the first to pick up on this little miracle... they figured that if it worked so well on post laser patients it was surely going to be amazing on the everyday women too!  They were oh so right and I am oh so thankful to them!!!

I went to my computer and started looking - there are soooooo many different brands to choose from, but from what I am told, it's best to stick with those that are made in Korea.  Evidently those formulated in the good ole USofA are pretty much just tinted moisturizers and don't even come close to the Korean brands.  I ordered 3 different brands right out of the gate - I had read all of the reviews and just couldn't decide between the top three so I thought what the hell - jump in with both feet. 

The first of the three arrived a little over a week ago and my makeup world has been turned upside and I am jumping for joy!!!!  I am going to talk to you about my Missha BB Cream, #23, Natural Beige. 


Missha BB Cream #23, Natural Beige

I got this delivered to me while I was at work and I was so excited!  I opened up the package and pumped a tiny bit onto the back of my hand.  I knew to expect the color to be a bit on the grey side because that is what all the reviews told me - and sure enough the reviews were right.  But the cream melted into my skin like butter and I immediately saw a difference - the tiny little freckles on the back of my hand were gone and there was a noticeable difference in texture - smooth and dare I say... my fine wrinkles seemed to melt away!  Within 15 minutes the color of the product oxidized and my skin looked radiant.  This was all just from a small amount on the back of my hand!  Needless to say, I couldn't wait to use it the next morning.

You are supposed to be able to wash your face and apply only this - they say there is no need for a moisturizer or primer.  However, if you read my blog about about my morning ritual, you know that I'm a creature of habit.  My moisturizer is a staple that I just can't give up.  So, I used my moisturizer but not my primer.  The product went on with ease - just one pump is all that I needed.  But here is another bonus... if you feel you need more coverage, just layer this cream on again.  The trick is to layer with BB cream and the bonus is that it never never never feels like you have just slapped a pancake on your face.  It's a natural coverage and it is amazing.  Now, I found that with my age, came more wrinkles than I'm willing to admit... so the next day, I tried my primer and for me I found the perfect recipe.  I use L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base.  It is like whipped cream for your face - such a nice base... 

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

It's a little on the pricy side compared to the size of the jar, but it's worth every penny - no need to go overboard with the amount you use, a little really does go a long way.  And that is true for both of these products.  Use less than you are used to and build if you need to. 

So, in closing... give this BB Cream a try and if you love it as much as I do, you will be able to quit searching for the perfect foundation that is the perfect color for your skin - which they NEVER are.  Remember to "press" the product into your skin during application. 

I did tell you in the beginning that I ordered three different brands and while writing this blog the second one came in the mail. I did the back of the hand test and so far SO GOOD!  This one may even be better than Missha!!  Stay tuned - and remember.. C'est la vie!!!!!


0 comments: