Monday, February 27, 2012

My miracle product

If you are like me and I'm willing to best that most of you are - you are probably on the hunt for that one product that will transform your skin into a flawless canvas.  You may be the type that prefers a matte finish (my personal preference) or maybe you lean towards that dewy look - whichever it is, it all begins with skincare.  No matter what makeup you use; if your skin is in bad shape, no amount of makeup is going to help.  It may get you by for a night on the town - but seriously, it's time to get to the root of the problem. 

I'm 43 and have been searching for at least 20 years for a skincare product that would fix my woes... Yes, I'm trying to combat the never ending battle of making time stop on my face... and though I have finally realized that battle will never be one I can win, I have finally found a product that drastically turned back the clock and is at present, keeping my age a secret. 

I have the classic T-zone problem and I have some substantial crows feet. I USED to have a pretty bad problem with unsightly acne on my chin area that actually was never a problem until I turned 40.  How one starts to break out at 40 is beyond me.... I guess they call it adult acne... yuck.  So those were my three biggest concerns.  I can't tell you have many times I took the ever so popular skin quiz from just about every skincare company on the planet... and each time the result was:  "you need this product for your eyes, this product for your T-Zone, this one for daytime, this one for night time... etc., etc.  I could have purchased a small apartment with the amount of money I have spent on skincare... but now that has changed... For me - the search is "over"... I put that in parenthesis because lets face it, I'm a woman and I love feminine things - makeup and skincare are my weakness (along with shoes, purses, hair products, and on & on - but those are for another blog post in the future). 

The product I am raving about is called Maracuja Oil.  I receive the daily Zoe Report and she recommended this product to help your skin transition from winter to summer.  So I thought, why not.  Even though it was a straight up oil which scared me a bit, I figured at this point, I'd give anything a try help with the acne issue I was having at the time.  So I placed my order at QVC and waited patiently for it to arrive. 
Maracuja Oil

I'm not a big package finatic - I figure I'm going to throw it away anyway so it doesn't really matter to me - but this actually came in a little bamboo box that I still use to this day for some of my costume jewelry - that's just the added bonus to the real benefits of this product.  They say that you need to try a product for at least two weeks to see the changes in your skin.... I'm an instant gratification gal - 2 weeks is a long time for me to try something that, let's face it...  it probably isn't going to make a difference in anything other than emptying my bank account.  So, I set aside my cynical side and jumped in with both feet.  I mean it ..... after only two days my skin had changed.  My acne went away, my T-Zone took a hiatus; my crows feet are still there, but ladies there isn't a product on the market that is going to fix that - give up your search.  If they are really bothering you, go see your local plastic surgeon - trust me, that is your only alternative.  So - yes it works and it is amazing.  Here is my regimine if you care to follow it - it's easy and takes no time at all.... just be consistent in your skincare... that is the most important thing:

1.  Always, always, always remove your makeup at the end of the day.  I can't stress this enough.  I use Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed.  It's a light foaming cleanser that effectively removes all of my makeup.

2.  Pat dry your face. Sometimes we tend to put the towel to our faces and rub to dry our skin.  I'm not a dermatologist, but I've read a lot about skin.... don't rub - don't rub - don't rub.  Pat your skin dry - GENTLY.  In fact, if you want to take a walk on the wild side, let it air dry..It's actually very refreshing to do this - give it a try!

3. Take the Maracuja Oil and press the gold button on the dropper to fill it with just the right amount of product.  One full press is all you need for your face and neck.  Pat it on to your skin - around your eyes too.  This oil does not travel... it stays put and is absorbed exactly where you apply it. 

Within about 1 minute and voilĂ ! it is absorbed completely.  You will wake up to fresh, smooth, supple skin.  Sit back and enjoy the positive changes of your skin - and you can also be happy with the cost of this product - only about $50.00 and it will last you about 5 to 6 months!

Now, one word of caution.... if you are like me, you can sometimes go crazy with a product by using too much of it or more often than needed in an effort to "speed up the process".  Use this only at night.  I just think that when you are sleeping your skin goes into the repair process and the product can do exactly what it was meant to do.  I tried it in the morning with makeup applied over it and I just felt like it was too much.  My next blog will give you my daytime skincare product choice.

I hope it works for you.... like it did for me.  Send your feed back to me either way.  And remember:  "C'est la vie"!!!

0 comments: